When Will Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Open in Missouri? That is the question that many have been asking, as of late. Since the passing of Amendment 2 in Missouri last year, legalizing the use and cultivation of medical marijuana, people have been eager to find out when the dispensaries will open. The good part is, the government has only a set amount of time until they have to have things in play. The bad news is that it may be next year before we start seeing shops opening their doors. One of the co-authors of Amendment 2, Trisha Bertrand, predicts that they will start opening their doors sometime in June of 2020. Around a year from now.
“State officials can still edit the rules, but the voter-approved amendment to the Missouri Constitution orders them to finish up no later than June 4.” – Springfield News-Leader
What to Do in the Meantime
- After July 4, 2019, get your medical marijuana patient certification card. This will involve:
- Visiting your doctor or a licensed phyisician. There are some places that specialize in medical marijuana evaluations, such as The Green Clinics, that really seem to help with the entire process. If you have problems getting certification, or don’t feel like the hassle. Call the Green Clinics.
- Register with Missouri for Medical Marijuana
- Send off Application with Doctors Recommendation
- Receive Missouri Medical Marijuana Card in Mail within 30 days.
- File for any business licenses, such as cultivation, infused products and dispensaries.